Friday, June 20, 2014

Similac

I don't know if most parents have ever been tempted to try formula or not, but I have some simple advice:



It tastes awful.  Don't drink it.  Not even on a dare.  You know those horrific shots that your buddies bought you for your 21st birthday?  Those taste like the sweet nectar of life compared to this stuff.  We are using at as supplement for the baby girl until mommy's milk is fully in, or until the doctor tells us to stop.  Hopefully that will be today and I can put the taste of this stuff out of my mind.  Forever.  Just seeing the bottles reminds me of the taste.

Apparently, after checking some other daddy blogs, this stuff tastes the best out of the usual suspects of formula.  Oh sweet baby Jesus, I don't even want to imagine what the others must taste like then.  I still can't get the scent of washed up on the beach jellyfish baking in the sun out of my nostrils after just a little sample.

The baby, however, seems to love it, which just makes me believe that she is starving and doesn't care what it tastes like.  To me it feels like we're torturing the poor child.  Like making her watch highlights from the 1975 Stanley Cup Final (the last one the Flyers won - 14,270 days ago as of today, but who's counting).  Or she just doesn't have anything to compare it to.  After all, how does she really know it tastes bad if that's all she really has ever tasted?

2 comments:

  1. I bet that's exactly what went through their minds in development too: "Eh, babies don't even know what tasty foods are, so I'm sure they won't care." :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you tasted it. >:-p

    ReplyDelete