Sunday, June 22, 2014

Scheduling

My life has completely changed from an average of 3x8 hour blocks (work, not work, sleep) to 8x3 hour blocks.  We are still on a schedule of having to feed this little girl every three hours to keep her weight up regardless of whether she is sleeping or not.  The struggle I am having is breaking down the three hours into useful periods of time.

I have found myself devoting each three hour block to a specific activity.  For example:  three hours for cleaning some part of the house then feed the baby.  Three hours of sleep then feed the baby.  Three hours of playing and watching TV/movies with the four year old then feed the baby.  Three hours of PS4 then feed the baby.  Rinse, recycle, repeat.

Of course, this is way oversimplifying the process, as other things do get done in the three hour blocks such as eating, laundry, dishes, and putting away the mess that the four year old makes.  I have said from the beginning that I will not let the simple cleaning tasks like the dishes, laundry, and four year old toys all over the place take over the house and so far so good.

The end result is I feel like this guy...




No comments:

Post a Comment