Monday, June 30, 2014

Famous Last Words

"Why don't you come to bed?"  This is what my wife said to me at around 11:00 last night.  Sweet, I thought.  "Where's the baby?" I asked, looking forward to sleeping in my bed while it is dark outside.  "She's sleeping in her bunny bassinet in the living room, I'll just move her to the bassinet in our bedroom" my wife foolishly replied.  It was at this moment that I abandoned hope of sleeping tonight.  "Bad idea" I Nostradamusly said, "She's asleep and if you move her upstairs she will no longer be asleep."

The only solace I can take out of this evening, is that I was right.  Wow, do I wish I was wrong.

2 1/2 hours later, I am still trying to get that baby back to sleep.  For reasons passing understanding, I am the one doing it.  The one that knew not to move the baby.  During one of her fits of crying while I was preparing her a bottle, my wife started to come downstairs.  I could have been grateful for the help, but instead I was curt and dismissive and told her to go back to bed.  After all, how I can hold this over her if she is up with me.  Yes, this is incredibly petty, but dammit I was right.  DON'T MOVE THE BABY ONCE SHE IS ASLEEP!

I guess only the dulcet tones of Mace Windu will get her to go back to sleep now...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment