Saturday, June 28, 2014

Peace and Quiet...


My poor wife just had to get out of the house and go to Starbucks, which to her probably felt like a weekend at the beach, to get away from this...




All of you moms, and quite a few dads, out there have dealt with this.  All you want to do is sit down for five minutes of peace and quiet without being interrupted by irrational child babbling.

Yes we all love our children very much, but damnit all if they aren't annoying as hell.  Yes, I know that's a Lego.  No, don't put your head in there.  Or your legs.  Yes, I know you have a bed.  Yes, I know you went to the Splash Park yesterday... because I was with you.  No, I will not spell "hunting" right now because I am trying to eat my dinner (dinner now lasts 8.5 hours because of all the interruptions).  Oh great, the baby is crying again for one of her many unknown reasons.

Yes.  All of this (and more) did just happen.  With that, I'm going to get a 12 pack of Summer Shandy because I just saw a commercial for it and it looked really really good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment